Categories
Paris

Pre-Departure Paris Olympics

As I prepared to depart for Paris, the idea of ​​experiencing the Olympic Games like a distant dream finally became a vivid reality. I was so lucky to be accepted into the Master of Sport Management program at George Washington University last spring semester and to be in sync with the Olympic Games. Having the privilege of volunteering with my future professors, including Professor Lisa and her team, and fellow Team USA students, not only gave me the opportunity to delve into the epicenter of global sport, but also provided an unparalleled opportunity to make meaningful connections and discover untold stories from the Olympics.

My recent trip to the Olympiastadion Berlin Stadium in Berlin, home to the iconic Olympic statues and the venue for the 2024 European Championship finals, profoundly deepened my understanding of what the Olympic Games represent—a celebration of unity, a moment of shared joy and friendship among different cultures under the banner of sport. Under the guidance of the insightful Professor Lisa and my dedicated GWU team members, this enriching experience inspired the topic of my term paper on the Olympic Cultural Festival. A vivid display of global culture, the event promises to provide a deeper understanding of the collective spirit of the Olympic Games and highlight how such a grand event fosters interaction and excitement among people from all over the world.

Berlin’s Olympiastadion Stadium For Euros Final 2024 (Spain vs England)

Anticipating my first self-visit to Europe, I was so excited more than my volunteer duties. I was excited to immerse myself in France’s rich cultural heritage and picturesque landscapes, and to experience firsthand the electrifying atmosphere of the Olympic Games. The Olympic Games themselves, a blend of sporting prowess and international friendship, will serve as the backdrop for a host of potentially unforgettable experiences. Additionally, witnessing the U.S. Men’s Basketball team in person, especially reliving their tense matchup with South Sudan, will surely be a highlight of my trip.

This trip was more than just an academic or volunteer opportunity; it was a gateway to a wider perspective and the beginning of a profound chapter in my life. As I am preparing the upcoming trip to Paris, the fusion of professional ambition and personal excitement seemed to herald the beginning of an extraordinary journey. Paris, a city steeped in history yet having with modern energy, awaited my arrival. As I stepped onto these legendary streets, I was ready to learn, experience, and contribute to the intricate puzzle that is the Paris Olympics – a picture of triumph, trials, and great spirit.