Categories
Paris

Je passe un bon moment – Chanyoung in Paris

I find immense joy each day thanks to the 2024 Paris Olympics. Witnessing the world’s finest athletes unite to compete in various sports is a thrilling experience that never fails to quicken my heartbeat. The vibrant atmosphere of the Olympics, set against the backdrop of Paris’ picturesque scenery, fills me with delight. Watching and rooting for emerging sports like beach volleyball and breaking dance has been particularly enjoyable, offering a chance to rediscover the diverse allure of sports.

Volunteering at the USA House has been the most captivating aspect of my Olympic journey. Perhaps due to its alignment with my professional role, I derive profound happiness from contributing to hospitality services. Serving at the USA House in Paris has left an indelible mark on me. Interacting with individuals from across the globe, I have come to recognize the Olympics as more than just a sporting event; it stands as a symbol of unity and peace among humanity. By sharing the history and values of the Olympics with visitors and showcasing culture, I felt a profound sense of pride and accountability, witnessing firsthand the inspiring impact of the Olympic spirit.

Engaging in volunteer activities at the USA House presented a fresh challenge. While initially daunting due to unfamiliar surroundings and language barriers, I gradually learned to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds. The moments when visitors actively engaged with my explanations and queries, displaying genuine interest and curiosity, were immensely rewarding. I realized the positive influence my narratives had on them, reinforcing the significance of effective storytelling.

This volunteer experience has been transformative, nurturing my personal growth beyond mere service. It has instilled in me a heightened sense of responsibility as a participant in an international event. Moreover, it has broadened my cultural understanding and communication skills, enabling me to interact meaningfully with individuals from varied backgrounds. The opportunity to partake in diverse Olympic events through these unique activities, rather than merely observing them during the Paris Olympics, has been deeply moving. Uncertain of when such a distinctive experience might recur, I am committed to treasuring these moments and aspiring to positively impact more individuals through these invaluable opportunities.

Volunteering and the various experiences I have encountered have been truly unforgettable and significant moments during my twenties. Serving as a part of the grand international stage at the Paris Olympics was a tremendous honor, going beyond being just a spectator. Engaging with individuals from diverse cultures, arts, and countries worldwide, I realized that the Olympics is more than a sports event; it is a global cultural celebration co-created by the world. These encounters provided me with a fresh outlook and will lay the groundwork for broadening my understanding of the world and nurturing a global perspective in my future endeavors. Given the uncertainty of experiencing such moments again, I cherish these memories and have committed to embracing new challenges and engaging with the world. This period also reinforced my belief in leading a fulfilling life by fearlessly pursuing new ventures and connecting with people worldwide, leaving me with a sense of contentment.